Air conditioning systems are essential for any home, especially during hot and humid summer days. However, if you’ve ever noticed an unpleasant odor from your air conditioning unit, it can be alarming. Not only does it affect the air quality you breathe, but it can also cause health issues for you and your family.
At KJ’s Cooling & Heating, we understand the importance of clean and healthy air in your home. That’s why we offer top-notch AC repair in Peoria, AZ, to keep your air conditioning unit running smoothly and odor-free. Contact us now to schedule an appointment!
The following issues are the most common as to why your AC air may start to smell bad:
- Mold or Mildew: One of the most common reasons for a foul odor from your AC unit is mold or mildew buildup. These tiny spores can accumulate in the unit’s evaporator coil, drain pan, or air ducts, causing a musty odor. If left unaddressed, mustiness and mildew can also lead to respiratory issues, especially for those with allergies or asthma. To help eliminate the buildup and keep your air fresh, you can contact us to schedule regular AC service in Peoria, AZ, and surrounding areas.
- Filthy Air Filter: The air filter in your air conditioning unit plays a crucial role in keeping the air clean and fresh. However, if the filter is dirty or clogged, it can lead to a musty smell. The filter traps dust, dirt, and other particles, providing a breeding ground for bacteria and mold. Regularly changing or cleaning the air filter can help prevent this issue.
- Clogged Condensate Drain: Your AC unit’s condensate drain helps remove excess moisture from the air. However, if the drain becomes blocked with dirt or debris, it can cause water to stagnate and emit a musty odor. Regular cleaning and maintenance of the condensate drain can help prevent this issue.
- Dirty Evaporator Coil: Your air conditioner’s evaporator coil cools the air by eliminating heat and humidity. However, if the coil becomes dirty or covered in debris, it can cause a musty smell.
- Refrigerant Leak: A refrigerant leak in your air conditioning unit can cause a sweet-like yet pungent odor. It can also lead to health issues if left unaddressed. If you notice such an odor from your AC unit, contact our technician to inspect it immediately.
Maintenance To Keep Your AC Unit Smelling Fresh
Regular maintenance is essential to keep your home’s air clean and free of odors. Your air conditioning unit should be inspected and serviced regularly. It includes replacing the air filter, cleaning the condensate drain, inspecting for refrigerant leaks, and more. Our professionals at KJ’s Cooling & Heating can provide the best AC maintenance service to help prevent odor-causing issues and keep your air fresh. If your AC is experiencing significant wear and tear, then we can also provide you with quality services of AC replacement in Peoria, AZ. Schedule your service today!